HOME Masterclass + Masterplan
We have numerous friends who have used all their finances to buy a renovator and haven't had the budget left to get an architect for full services. With these friends we always do a masterclass and then a masterplan to "get the bones right" and set them on the right path. We realised this mini-service, which uses our architecture expertise right where it is needed was a service many others could benefit from - so we developed our HOME Masterclass Personal + Masterplan.
HOME Masterclass Personal + Masterplan is designed for people who aren't looking for full service architecture yet are keen to get the design right before they DIY or brief their draftsperson or builder. Step by step we take you through a journey to extract your ideal brief, review your home and site and create a masterplan tailored to your life.
Surroundings Home Masterclass
First, we start by getting to know you and how you like to live in a home in depth.
Our human-centred program will connect you to your personal experiences of space – and help us create living environments that reflect you, your values and aspirations. Undertaken in your home to give us further insight on how you live.
* A three-hour workshop with our architects
* A 5-step activity program to understand your relationship with space
* A presentation portfolio of your activities, exercises and ideas
* The perfect springboard to create designs around your desired experiences
Next, we translate your masterclass findings into a masterplan for your home.
We take forward the outcomes of your Home Masterclass to translate your preferences into a plan and basic concept for your Ideal Home.
* Our expertise and experience, we are qualified architects with over 15 years experience.
* We guide you through the process of getting measured drawings of your home and a site survey.
* We review your town planning regulations and obtain a building certification report so you know the rules you need to work within.
* We do two rounds of masterplan concepts to explore different ways you can configure your home
* You receive floor plans, an indicative section and square metres rates of your masterplan suitable to take to an architect or draftsperson to develop into a set of plans suitable for construction.
How to start
Email us to let us know you're interested using the button below. We will send you a formal quote. Once you have received and okayed the quote, we check our availability and call you to book in a time to do the workshop to get started.