Palm Beach House
A Compact holiday home for a retired couple, their kids and grandkids to come and enjoy. The owner managed the build himself. This house opens up in sections to accommodate few or many.
The owner of this house, Neale is a structural engineer. He designed all the structure himself then went on to owner-build and manage the construction himself in collaboration with his nephew Ben. The builders loved this site and would come early and surf before and after work.
- Location: Palm Beach, Gold Coast
- Client: Neale and Barbara.
- Architects: Surroundings (Laura Pascoe & Suzie Wiley)
- Interior in Collaboration: Jessica Jackson, Jacks Corner.
- Builders: Owner built in collaboration with Ben Kelso (owners nephew) from Swell Building.
- Structural Engineer: by owner.
- Photography by Camera Obscura